Monday, November 8, 2010

Funny Stuff

I decided to post a couple or funny stories here so you people at home can hear about them.  I want to jot them down before they are replaced with new funny happenings and might be forgotten.

The Pimple Video
(Don't read and skip to the next story if you have a weak stomach)
So yesterday I was taking a shower, minding my own business, when I heard my roommates start screaming their heads off.  I wasn't super worried, because I assumed it must be a cockroach or something.  Well after a short pause they started screaming again, so I jumped out of the shower soaking wet, half soapy, and ran out with just a towel to see what was going on.  Well all my roommates were crowded around one of our laptops, so I was like "what the heck is going on!?"  And they started laughing and told each other to rewind it so I could watch it from the beginning.
It was a horrible video or this poor man with a massive pimple-cyst thing on is upper back getting cut open and popped.  It's two minutes of these women cutting it open and just squeezing out huge, grotesque amounts of pus and blood.  Just when you think the pimple couldn't possibly have more pus in it they squeeze it some more and more comes out.  It's just about the most disgusting thing.  It's one of those things that's absolutely horrible yet you just keep on watching out of disbelief.
So we all watched it together and all screamed throughout, especially me.  (I can be a screamer at times, especially when puss the size of maggots is being squeezed out of some pimple.)  So two of the staff in the room next to us hear our screaming and think we might be in some sort of danger, so they come bursting in, and of course we rewind the video and show it to them from the beginning.  So now all of us are just standing around this laptop screaming and freaking out over this guy's zit, all while I'm still in my towel.
If you want to see the video, and have a really strong stomach, here's the link.  But I don't suggest it.


The Cockroach I Didn't Catch
So the girls in my room, as well as a few girls in the rooms nearby, know that if there's a huge cockroach in their room, I have no problem with picking it up with my bare hands and letting it outside.  I think most of them have a mixture of "oh, that's brave" with "she's really strange" and "I can't believe she cares about saving the vile creature instead of killing it"  But nevertheless all are glad that the thing isn't in their rooms anymore.  Well anyway a couple nights ago I heard one of the rooms had an especially large cockroach in their kitchen, so I went in to try to safely remove it.  Well they just said it was somewhere on the floor, maybe behind the garbage can (it wasn't) or maybe in the shower (it wasn't) or something...  Anyway they wanted me to keep searching for the stupid bug, and I wasn't finding it and I didn't really like looking in all these dirty places.  And I was getting tired of looking for it.  And the poor girls were all outside feeling scared and refusing to go in their rooms even though they were really tired and wanted to sleep.
So finally I just went in their kitchen, shouted "Oh my gosh, it really IS big!" and cupped my hands around a random spot on the floor.  Then I ran out of the room with my hands cupped around the non-existent bug and pretended to let it go off the balcony, and it was super funny to have the girls around me screaming and moving out of the way.  They had no idea the cockroach was still in there somewhere and went to sleep and kept thanking me, and I felt kinda guilty.  But they found out later and thought it was funny.


"That's a good word Chad!"
A couple weeks ago one of our speakers told us this story from a church he attended.  So there was this preacher who went to this church in Ireland.  He got really discouraged because he had preached at more charismatic churches before, but this church, no matter what he said, just sat there like zombies with blank dead faces and he never knew if anything he said even got through them.  Anyway his wife decided to try and set an example for the rest of the church, so she sat in the front row, and after every point he made, or during any pause, she would loudly say, "That's a good word Chad, that's a good word!"  Which made the rest of the church super uncomfortable and put them in their shells even more.
The speaker who told us the story said it was just about the funniest thing ever.  Anyway after that now if somebody in class says something, or even just at random times throughout the day, we'll just say in a super girly voice, "That's a good word Chad, that's a good word!"  It's super funny.  I know I'm probably going to do it accidentally when I get home and nobody will know what I'm talking about.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy reading your blog Amanda! Especially this one. I watched that video you posted because I was kind of curious. It was disgusting! But like you guys I couldn't stop watching it.

    ReplyDelete